Tuesday, 02 September 2008 15:58
This calculator makes it easier to compute the interest accrued on a savings account or a loan. The calculator takes changes in interest and balance into account.
There are two examples with this calculator:
- First enter the date to compute the accrued interest on into field End date.
- For every change in interest rate or balance enter the date, the amount of the balance change and the interest rate.
- New rows can be added by clicking the plus button (+), at most 100 rows can be processed. A row can be deleted by clicking its minus button (-).
- Expressions can be entered in the in the fields for the balance change and interest rate.
- Example: suppose the initial balance is 10. On a second date date two changes occur: -3.59 and -2.56. Enter first the initial balance into the field Change in Balance and then enter the changes on the second date in a new row. Enter "-3.59 -2.56" in the field Change in Balance after the second date.
- The order of the rows can be changed by dragging and dropping them with the mouse.
- The interest rates entered are based on 365 days per year.
- You can save your input to an html file by clicking the button Save input as HTML.
- In the tab Import from HTML you can load previously saved input into the calculator.